Friday, April 18, 2008

Add 10% to your gas mileage!

I did! Today, on my weekly trek to Tuscon, AZ for work I decided to try and drive in between 65 and 70 mph. I have been making the trip there for years doing 75-85 and always get 20 per gallon or less. So I wanted to see if slowing down helped my mileage and it did! By slowing down I dropped the RPM's of my 4runner thus running the engine at a lower speed and thus saving gas and $$$$. By the return of my trip I had 226.3 miles and used exactly 10 gallons of gas. I will try this again next week to time it exactly to see what the time difference is by actually slowing down.

Try it! Slow down 10 mph. Save the planet!

Here's some more tips to help improve your fuel efficency.
Thanks

Bob

1 comment:

ONNO said...

Thanks for the tip. I always wondered how well that worked.

Dagny McKinley
www.onnotextiles.com
organic apparel