Tuesday, March 3, 2009

New BBGB garden!!!

So its official. The BBGB garden has a new location. My family has moved and I needed to move the garden. It was a shame to move an existing garden, but all plants have transplanted well and are now happy living in seperate pots. This is my elevated garden, square foot style. Constructed of 4x4's for legs, 2x6's for the container and some 3/4 inch plywood for the base. All the wood was leftover or found in an alley to cut cost and to save new trees.  I installed a drip system to save water and time.  So far I have planted broccli, basil, a bunch of different squashes that sprouted out of my compost, peas, radishes, and beans.   The other pictures are my onion box built from leftover wood I found and pots of thyme and mint.  Also is a strawberry box that I am testing, pots of garlic and chives, pot of japanese egglplant and big pot of oregano.  The reason I need so many containers is we have a lawn that I cannot turn into a garden just yet as we are renting our house and don't know how the landlord would feel with full fledged farm growing at his house. So i gotta keep it low key.




No comments: