Thursday, May 22, 2008

Earth Day Mini Garden



Here's an example of a mini garden that I started on Earth Day April 22, 2008. I wanted to see how much I could grow in this little space. I found the wood in an alley. Here's the box.
I lined it with an old t-shirt to keep the soil from falling out and weeds growing up. You could put a plywood bottom on it will holes drilled in it to make it mobile.





Then I planted in alphabetical order, Bok Choy, Carrots, Onions, Radishes, and Spinach per the back of the package. I watered it every day and here are the results.







Two Weeks in.... Yesterday...


Lots of growth. The Bok Choy is growing great, as are the radishes, the spinach is doing o.k. I think I need to thin the radishes and the spinach will get some more sun. The onions are coming out slow. The carrots sprouted a little, but have since been blocked out by the bok choy. On night I will make a salad with all my mini garden veggies, or maybe a stir fry!


Thanks for looking.


Remember anyone can garden anywhere:)







No comments: