Saturday, May 10, 2008

NPR Radio: Food Crisis! Get a garden and subsidise your food purchases!




I was listening to NPR today and they had a story on Marketplace about the current food crisis. It covered three different families who were using home gardens to supplement their diet and save some money at the grocery store. If you are serious about having good food to eat and saving some money, a garden just may be for you! One point that was brought up was that a women didn't have time to garden. In my research with my own garden, after the initial set up with building the box, mixing the dirt, and planting your plants, I only spent less than 10 minutes on gardening a day. I could do alot more, but on my busy days I just give it a quick water and a check and harvest a little for lunch and dinner, thats it! Little time invested and I save so much $$$. Good luck Gardening!


No comments: